HPE Cyber Security Best Practices
HPE Security Solution
The holistic approach to cyber security protects your organization throughout your infrastructure’s life cycle. But don’t take our word for it. Marsh, a global leader in cyber insurance, has worked with other leading insurance companies to create the Cyber CatalystSM program to establish a baseline for cyber security solutions and recognize those that are compliant. Both HPE’s exclusive root of trust and Aruba ClearPass are certified under the Cyber Catalyst program for their ability to reduce risk.
Best Practices to Protect Your Municipality:
Defend against ever-evolving ransomware and other emerging threats
Protecting government agencies and the people they serve requires more than just a patchwork of security solutions.
Today, safeguarding confidential personal and financial information requires agencies to have comprehensive and proactive security. Here’s why:
- Agencies are increasingly interconnected, with computer technology woven throughout all facets of government—with just about everyone and every thing sharing data.
- Public servants and citizens need reliable and prompt access to government networks on-premises and through online portals.
- Criminals targeting government agencies are increasing the sophistication of their attacks while phishing, ransomware, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, and more are becoming commonplace.
What agencies need is an end-to-end cyber security solution, one that encompasses everything from planning through deployment to end of life with single-pane-of-glass management.
Security Best Practices
HPE follows a holistic security strategy to protect your organization’s infrastructure from “cradle to grave.” From the hardware supply chain to your device’s end of life, HPE provides comprehensive security to detect and prevent unauthorized access as well as rapid recovery from disasters. To do all of this, we focus on six key steps throughout the life cycle of your infrastructure:
- Assess: Before building any cyber security solution, you will need a plan. HPE can help you determine exactly what solution your agency needs to meet your specific security challenges. Our HPE Pointnext Services experts can provide insights and tangible action plans to mitigate risks to your assets and applications. We follow ISO/IEC 27002:2013 guidelines to choose the right solutions for your particular needs and threat environment.
- Build: Today’s threats are constantly evolving to infiltrate your network. With HPE, you can protect your infrastructure through a secure root of trust, available in all HPE Gen10 servers. While we carefully choose our partners and suppliers, our encrypted root of trust adds an additional layer of protection by cryptographically validating the integrity of HPE’s DFARS-compliant supply chain from silicon to your data center.
- Protect: Access control and threat detection protect your HPE infrastructure with policy-based network-access control, military-grade encryption for data storage, intrusion detection, and full recovery capabilities. With Aruba ClearPass, you can easily take charge of your network, prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information, and further harden your network against cyberattacks.
- Detect: HPE takes a proactive approach to monitoring. With user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), our infrastructure uses AI and machine learning to detect threats and flag any suspicious activity. HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) can help you configure, monitor, and update your HPE servers seamlessly, and HPE iLO Advanced gives even more cyber security control with runtime firmware validation. With HPE InfoSight, you have full visibility in a single pane of glass.
- Recover: Get your services back online quickly. HPE leverages on-premises and cloud-based solutions to provide backup and rapid recovery from cyberattacks. HPE Nimble Storage, for example, leverages flash storage and predictive analytics to eliminate the gap and guarantee 99.9999% availability, delivering the best all-flash capacity per terabyte in the industry—and future-proofing design for value today and in the future.
- Retire: When the time comes to retire your hardware, HPE can help you safely decommission or redeploy your IT assets. HPE iLO Advanced can securely erase user data, ensuring that your servers are wiped clean before end of life.